The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) supports local projects across Canada that encourage social participation and inclusion of seniors. The Pan-Edmonton Group Addressing Social Isolation of Seniors (PEGASIS) is hosting an information session led by Service Canada on May 15 to help Edmonton organizations prepare for the upcoming call for proposals.
Through NHSP organizations may be eligible to receive a grant of up to $25,000. Based on the most recent call for proposals, projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors
The Edmonton grant writing and information session will take place:
May 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Idlewylde Library Meeting Room (8310 88 Avenue)
This session will provide information on the New Horizons for Seniors Program and guidance on completing your application.
RSVP with your name and contact information to:
New Horizons for Seniors Program
RSVP by April 30 as seating is limited.
If you can’t attend the Edmonton session, teleconferences will be held on April 20 and May 2. See the schedule for more details.